Welcome to smoothbrains.net.
This blog is intended to cover the intersection of speculative neuroscience, psychedelics, and mental health awareness as I experience it in my own life. Epistemic status: Who can say?
The term smoothbrained is an insulting colloquialism implying a lack of folds in one’s cerebral cortex. I hope to rehabilitate this term with fresh connotations; meaning one has ironed out the discontinuities within oneself; a state of fluid intelligence where thought-space is all smoothed out.
My writing is largely informed by the work of Scott Alexander, Andrés Gómez Emilsson, and Steven Lehar; all of whom have helped to further my understanding of the human subjective experience.
- An informal case for the wave computing hypothesis — 20 February 2023
- DMT with two eyes open, part I: Visual phenomena — 19 February 2023
- The state of play in symmetry — 18 February 2023
- An introduction to Steven Lehar, part III: Flame fronts and shock scaffolds — 18 January 2023
- An introduction to Steven Lehar, part II: Symmetries and periodicities — 22 November 2022
- An introduction to Steven Lehar, part I: Bubble worlds and force fields — 1 October 2022
- How to use DMT without going insane — 22 September 2022
- Ghostbusting in the Gödelian prison — 3 September 2022
- Planetary scale vibe collapse: The death of liminal consciousness as the origin of human suffering — 24 August 2022